IT Infrastructure Hard and Software Resource Integration
Currently, the business execution of most enterprises and users depends on effective operation of IT system. Previously, the IT system set-up is driven by business, but as the increase of business systems, the whole IT system infrastructure gradually becomes the bottleneck for continuous and effective development. Due to the lack of integrated planning, the systems are independently constructed, causing low utilization of resources.
Therefore, it is necessary to gradually adopt more advanced IT infrastructure to meet the dynamic and effective support for business. However, as the current enterprises have deployed considerable IT infrastructure, few enterprises can completely overturn the existing IT infrastructures and make a revolutionary reform. They have to reform gradually on the current basis combining with the business requirements and time period, so that their business operation and development can get successive support during the change of IT infrastructure. Based on this situation, IT infrastructure construction and optimization must consider the business, and the constructed project order, content, and time must keep pace with the business operation and development. Only in this way, IT infrastructure can continuously and effectively support the business during the transformation.
With the several years’ experience in IT infrastructure service, Xiamen Node finds that if the error of thought can be discovered as early as possible during the rigorous and progressive planning of IT infrastructure, the success ratio and quality of infrastructure will be increased relatively. Therefore, when Node is carrying out a typical design of optimization and integration of hardware and software resources for user, it plans and designs the IT infrastructure that can meet user’s business long-term development according to the advanced service methodology in the industry and the progressive thought and steps of evaluating, planning, framing, designing,implementing, operating, and maintaining.
During the typical design, Node will make a comprehensive consideration on business requirement, application architecture, system performance, and IT infrastructure and ensure targeted IT infrastructure’s integrity by combining with the strategies and guidelines of general infrastructure planning, so that the IT information can provide continuous and effective service to support the system continuous running. Draw up the blueprint of IT infrastructure based on user’s business requirement and adhering to “General First, Urgent First” principle, laying a good foundation for user’s IT development in the future.
Node abides by the following general rule in the typical design:
• Business Requirement Oriented: The technical framework serves for business, so its design must be business requirement oriented and takes a full consideration into the non-functional requirements, such as system importance and safety requirement.
• Safety: Safety is very important in system design. It must be implemented in the design, especially the corresponding safety specification made by the user. Besides, it is also needed to be reflected in technology and solution selection to ensure safe operation of the whole system over a long period of time.
• Resource Utilization Rate Increasing: During the status analysis, Node finds that the low resource utilization is the most outstanding issue. Therefore, it is an important task to increase the resource utilization rate during project implementation.
• Dynamic and Flexibility: In the current trend of IT, dynamic infrastructure has become a tendency for IT infrastructure development. At present, some practical problems encountered by a lot of users can be solved by the design of dynamic infrastructure.
Therefore, include the system dynamic expansion, resource dynamic allocation, system flexible deployment during the design to make the IT infrastructure dynamic, flexible, and elastic.
Besides the above general principles, Node will also adopt other principles during the design for different levels, including:
• System hierarchical design principle
• Hierarchical storage design
• System reliability, availability, and expandability.